The St. Louis Pirates conduct tryouts all year long. The tryouts are performed on an individual or small group basis for players 14U and up. Our tryouts are done this way to follow the same philosophy of our training program and keep the main focus on the individual player. This gives us the ability to do a thorough evaluation on every player and removes the chance of someone getting overlooked.
What to expect:
- Athletic Ability Assessment
- We will measure speed, strength, power, agility
- Skill Evaluation
- Swing/Hitting Assessment using Hittrax, Blast Motion, Rapsodo, etc.
- Pitching/Throwing Assessment using Rapsodo
- Fair assessment of each player
Once assessed by our professional staff, your child may be offered a spot on a team. If you are not offered a position on one of our teams, DO NOT see that as a negative. We have a very limited number of positions but plenty of space in our training program for everyone. Our program’s primary focus is the development of young ball players and we want to help as many players as we can reach their full potential.
We do charge a player evaluation/tryout fee of $50.
Why do we charge to tryout?
1. During a tryout we do a full athletic and skill assessment on each player, which can take up to an hour, and we use the latest technology and share the information with the players. Typical cost for an evaluation this in depth is around $200.
2. We want to make sure all players are serious about trying out for our team and we don't want to waste the trainers or players time if someone isn't serious.
Register below for tryouts and then we will contact you to schedule your evaluation. If you have any questions feel free to contact us.